Skip to navigation

Mark Moxon's Travel Writing

Contact Me: Guestbook

Nutan Mehta

Subject: Bhavnagar
Posted: 3 Aug 2008 3:58 am

Hi Mark,
I am from Bhavnagar. Residing in US for past forty plus years. The game you described has another name called "chopat". Cho is conjunctive like quatro for four and pat is plane or area. Thus "four-plane". I think the game parchesi is very close to chopat.The shells are`known as cowari shells. I use to collect them as a boy. Its not just a street game but was played in many homes. My grandma was crazy about it.

Let me know if you get this message.

Nutan

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Chopat
Posted: 6 Aug 2008 6:24 pm

Hi Nutan.

Chopat! That's the one - it's even got a Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopat

Thank you *so* much for pointing that out, as I couldn't find out anything about 'aman chache' (which is what I thought they said it was called, but I probably got it wrong). I think a swift edit of my article is in order now!

I really appreciate you taking the time to post - thank you so much. It's like finding the last piece of a jigsaw I started years ago, and I'm very grateful.

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply

missa

Subject: can i get a hotel at talaja road or near it
Posted: 1 Oct 2008 5:04 pm

Hi
Could you plz tell me about bhavnagar and its places near the frams ,is there any hotel or guest house of one room with attached bathroom as me and my sister are comming to this place for the first time for visiting a doctor near nagdani ba peta talaja road .
I would really be greatful to you about helping me giving correct address of that district and a good place to stay .The place should be near vedraj ki wadi nagdani ba peta actually our train is on 4th of this month ,our train will arrive at 10:30 at night and we are new to this place soo plz help me .
Thank you
missa 😀

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Bhanvagar hotels
Posted: 1 Oct 2008 6:38 pm

Hi missa.

I'm afraid I don't have that sort of information to hand, as I visited Bhavnagar over ten years ago, and only for a few days -- I can't even remember which hotel I stayed in, let alone any others!

However, you might be able to find out the details by searching the Web, using something like Google. I found the following, which may be helpful:

www.cleartrip.com/hotels/india/bhavnagar

It seems to list quite a few options, which might be a good start.

Sorry I can't help directly, but I hope the above link is useful.

Best wishes,

Mark

Post a Reply