Skip to navigation

Mark Moxon's Travel Writing

Contact Me: My Tube Walk

Gill Salmon

Subject: My Tube Walk
Posted: 29 Feb 2012 1:37 pm

Hi Mark - don't know if you'll remember me but I wrote to you a while ago and said that I was going to do a tube walk too - I've made a start now. Have completed the Piccadilly and Circle lines so far, most of the Central Line (still have Debden to Epping to complete) and am part way through the Bakerloo Line (Harrow & Wealdstone to Maida Vale done!). Just wanted to share what I've done and tell you that I've really got the bug for this now and it's a shame that work gets in the way. Thank you for being so inspirational. Many thanks. Gill

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Your tubewalk
Posted: 29 Feb 2012 2:24 pm

Hi Gill.

I certainly do remember you... and how brilliant that you're making good progress with your own tubewalk! I found it quite addictive once I started, and it's good to know I'm not the only one. Smile

I can't resist asking: do you have a favourite section so far? And a favourite zone? I was surprised by how much I enjoyed wandering through the suburbs - they might not be crammed with tourist attractions and world-class architecture, but some of London's suburbs are utterly beguiling. We're lucky to have so much on our doorstep, all the way from cityscapes to countryside (as you'll find out in the Debden to Epping section!).

Anyway, thanks so much for the update, and I'm delighted that you're enjoying the tubewalking - after all, that's the whole point! I hope the rest proves to be just as enjoyable...

All the best,

Mark

Post a Reply

Gill Salmon

Subject: Here I am again
Posted: 29 May 2012 9:14 pm

Hey Mark - hope you're well. Tube walk is well underway now - still to go - District Line Bow Road to Upminster / Jubilee Line Bond Street to Stanmore. Metropolitan Line (all), Waterloo and City (all - LOL) and Victoria Line (all). I think when I've finished I'm going to do the DLR and overground as a seperate walk for another charity. Really really enjoying it and have got the bug. I've got a facebook page if you have facebook - Gill Walks The Underground Overground - I'd love you to join xx

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Tubewalk, DLR walk, Overground walk, CrossRail walk...
Posted: 31 May 2012 11:56 am

Hi Gill.

Brilliant stuff! Glad you're still enjoying it. I'll be really interested to know how the DLR and Overground compare to the Tube; I'll probably get round to tackling them one day, but Real Life has a habit of taking over, so you'll definitely beat me to it. Perhaps you can return the favour and inspire me to do them!

And once they're out of the way, there's always CrossRail... Smile

I look forward to following your exploits on Facebook!

All the best,

Mark

Post a Reply

Gill Salmon

Subject: Facebook
Posted: 31 May 2012 12:18 pm

Hi Mark

So excited to see you asking to join my group - how bizarre is that!!! I've added you in. I would love to inspire you to do DLR and Overground - I try and post when I'm walking into my facebook group so maybe one day if you're free you can join me for a few hours. I'll keep in touch and let you know how I'm doing. Thank you so much for the inspiration. x

Post a Reply

Mark Moxon

Subject: Facebook
Posted: 31 May 2012 6:00 pm

Hi Gill.

I'll definitely keep an eye on your group - it's a great idea. Seems quite a few people like it, too!

I did start mapping out the DLR a while ago, but I never got round to finishing it; writing my mobile apps took over, and the current plan is to go travelling in central and south America in the next couple of years, so that's where all my planning effort is currently going. I've got the attention span of a gnat, clearly! Smile

Ah well, it keeps me busy...

Mark

Post a Reply

RSS Feed